Holiday: A Date with God


     November 30 is a National Holiday in the Philippines because it is the birth date of Andres Bonifacio, one of the greatest heroes I know. If you want to know about him and his deeds, click the link: Andres Bonifacio.

     I declined different invitations from my friends to hang-out with them for I wanted to spend my holiday with my family, especially my brother. Mind you, I am very family-oriented and I will always choose my family above all else. All the members of my family are working and I am a busy woman during weekdays because of academic stuff that is why I am really looking forward to holidays for it would mean spending time with them. However when I woke up earlier, my brother was about to leave the house. I found out that he had to go to the Christmas party meeting of their company. Craaaaap. My parents still had their work because they are tutors. And I was all alone.

     Last night was not a very good night. November 29, 2011 was my very awkward day. Perhaps, the most awkward day. It was just sad. Thank you for all of my friends who were there to cheer me up and were actually making me laugh. Thank you for your efforts. But at the end of the day, it was just me and my thoughts. I cried. Ewww.
A bad night and a day alone is not a good combination.
    I tried to shake all of the things that would rob me of my joy. I talked to God. I had a date with Him..... and it was awesome. Thank You, Dad. :)

He replied to me thru these verses:

Psalm 51:17"The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise."
Jonah 2:2"He said: In my distress I called to the Lord, and He answered me. From the depths of the grave I called for help, and You listened to my cry. 


Isn't God so sweet? :-)

<3 Sarah

Post a Comment

(c) Summer Lee 2011. Powered by Blogger.