Life Is Never Fair

This day was my last official day in school for my 1st sem AY 2012-2013. *Not yet sembreak though :P* I guess these past few days have been the most stressful days I ever had! Last Tuesday, I received a very shocking news that...
I MIGHT GET DELAYED! (graduation)
On summer 2013, I will be taking a subject that is only offered every summer. 2013 is my last summer as an undergraduate student because I will be graduating on 2014. The problem: this summer course has a prerequisite subject that for some reasons, might not be offered on the second semester. You could imagine my face turned something like this:

photo from Google
I was crying while walking along Katipunan. HUHU. What? I'll get delayed because of a course that won't be offered? What sorcery iz thizszz?! LIFE IS UNFAIR! I felt like my mind was about to explode. I had been thinking of exams, papers, and presentation then one big problem topped it all. I was so devastated. From Katipunan until I reached our house's door, I was crying! I commute, by the way.

My mother, brother and I came home almost at the same time. I just broke down in front of them.

"BAKA MA-DELAY AKO", I said. Crying.

The next minutes were the most unbelievable statements I ever heard. Just a little background: I spent my first year in a green land. I transferred on my second year; unfortunately, none of my subjects were credited. So I was a freshman once again, once more. I kind of wasted my parents money for my one year tuition fee. HUHU. That is one of the reasons why I do not want to be delayed.

"Okay lang yan! Mas mura pa rin tuition mo kesa magpa-hospital tayo dahil sa sobrang stressed mo. I-enjoy mo lang college life mo", my mom calmly replied as she was trying to comfort me.

"At least wala kang 5.00!", my brother commented.

WAHHYYYYLD. I was expecting a panic-kind of reaction or something like "Why didn't you see this coming? Why didn't you check on your dean? Your classmates?" blah blah blah. BUT NO.
LIFE IS UNFAIR. I received love from my mom and my brother.

My dad talked to me the morning after because his job and my time normally do not meet in the evenings. He said a lot of things but something really struck me.

"Just do your best and God will do the rest. Worst comes to worse, you'll get delayed. So what? It's not the end of the world, Sarah."

LIFE IS UNFAIR. I experienced grace.

 
My family has always been supportive in my academic life. Never did they pressure me to be a summa cum laude or the valedictorian. It's pretty weird for a parent but yeahhh I have cool parents like them.

"It's not the end of the world."

photo from Google
My academic life has always been the 3rd on my priority list. When something bad happens about it, my life just turns upside down. And yeah, I feel like it's the end of the world. I really praise God for giving me a supportive family like them. I had peace after I talked to my family about my graduation.

LIFE WAS NEVER FAIR. Grace comes in the picture. If life is fair, we are unworthy to receive grace. We cannot be experiencing grace. Grace is something that we do not deserve.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast." -Romans 2:8-9

Last Jzone Live, I was LSSed to Beautiful Things by Gungor.

All this pain
I wonder if I’ll ever find my way
I wonder if my life could really change at all
All this earth
Could all that is lost ever be found
Could a garden come up from this ground at all

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

All around
Hope is springing up from this old ground
Out of chaos life is being found in You


You make me new, You are making me new
You make me new, You are making me new


God is making something beautiful in my life-- the good and the bad things are perfectly crafted for a beautiful me. :)

LIFE WAS IS AND WILL BE NEVER FAIR....


I do not know what the future has in store for me. I do not know if I will be spending another sem (or year) as an undergraduate student. But one thing is for sure, God knows what He is doing. :)

I am reminded of the verse Proverbs 16:9 which says,
"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."


..but it's perfectly fine.

Post a Comment

(c) Summer Lee 2011. Powered by Blogger.